We’re writing the future of risk.
COME JOIN US.
Hamilton Underwriting Limited is the Lloyd’s managing agency of Hamilton Insurance Group (“Hamilton”), the Bermuda- based holding company for insurance and reinsurance operations in Bermuda and at Lloyd’s. Hamilton leverages analytics and research to create underwriting and investment value for its clients and shareholders.
We’re looking for a
Reporting directly to the Compliance Director this professional will need to actively develop positive relationships within the business to ensure the compliance process is fully embedded and promote a positive compliance culture. In addition to your core responsibilities you will also be awarded opportunities to participate in and contribute to compliance related projects and working groups as they arise.
W H A T Y O U W I L L H E L P U S D O
In keeping with the aforementioned overarching responsibility, you will be asked to carry out a number of specific actions:
- Monitor and analyse developments in applicable legislation, regulation and rules, and escalate emerging compliance risks within the compliance function.
- Contribute to the development of the annual Compliance Plan for approval by the Board.
- Contribute to the delivery of the agreed Compliance Plan.
- Take ownership of the day-to-day compliance issues, supporting teams across the business.
- Manage the business timetable.
- Prepare non-financial regulatory and quasi-regulatory returns, applications and notifications, and other external information requests.
- Produce reports and MI for the Board and relevant committees.
- Investigate all complaints from customers and propose suitable resolutions.
- Conduct broker and coverholder due diligence, escalating adverse findings within the compliance function.
- Take ownership of the compliance intranet page, ensuring it is kept up to date with relevant information.
- Populate the business's conflicts of interest and gifts and hospitality registers, escalating conflicts within the compliance function.
- Assist in the monitoring of compliance with Lloyd's minimum standards, escalating non-compliance within the compliance function.
- Support the maintenance and review of compliance policy. Manage and update compliance process and procedure documentation.
- Manage the compliance timetable.
- Undertake compliance monitoring tasks, in accordance with the compliance timetable, to review adherence of the business to internal and external requirements. Investigate incidents of non-compliance.
- Assist in the maintenance of the data register in accordance with data protection requirements.
- Undertake conduct management activity. Assist in developing a conduct management culture with the interests of the customer at its centre.
W H A T Y O U R E Q U I R E F O R T H E J O B
As Compliance Analyst, you will be expected to possess specific experience, technical skills and personal characteristics:
- 3yrs + insurance experience in a Compliance role, of which at least 2 years have been at a Lloyd’s managing agency.
- Analytical and detail orientated
- Good communication skills - written and verbal
- Good organisational skills
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Achieved or working towards CII qualification
Before asking you to take all these actions and fulfil these requirements, we will ask you to Be smart, Be sensible, Be open and, above all else, Be more—strive harder, reach further, never give up. These First Principles are the intellectual and moral compass of everyone at Hamilton Insurance Group. They shape the way we build our team, the way we work and the way we will prosper.